Friday, September 24, 2010

What to do on a Friday Afternoon?

It's Friday, as you can see by all the TGIF's that are filling the air. I'm here at work (which I love btw) but the weather outside is calling my name. It's been so hot here in good ole Jo-Mo so to finally have a fall day is so great! This also signals the time when God takes out his paintbrush and begins to splatter red, orange, and golds all over the U.S. of A. Last Autumn I was able to capture a few shots worthy of the season. Such as the one below, a real Etsy favorite right now.


It was such a wonderful crisp autumn day when I added this beautiful artwork to my collection. I also love love love the way the light just bounces through the fall leaves. There is just enough space within the branches to allow it to dance across the sky.  I always wished to protray that splendor and came pretty close with this next shot



All in all I'm pretty excited for Fall to get here. I know it was offical as of yesturday but, in my opintion, until the trees start their transformations it's not legitimate.

In addition to these great views of fall I also came across an excellant recipe to celebrate this time of year


 
Mini Apple Crostatas
 
Just 5 ingredients! Turn an apple into a personal pie with easy-to-use Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 35 Min
Makes: 4
INGREDIENTS:
1
Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box
1
large baking apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
2
tablespoons sugar
1/4
teaspoon ground cinnamon
8
teaspoons caramel flavored topping
 
 
DIRECTIONS:
  • Heat oven to 425°F. Unroll crust on work surface. Roll crust out slightly; cut into 4 (5-inch) rounds. Place rounds on parchment lined cookie sheet.
  • In medium bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; toss apple slices into sugar mixture. Divide apple slices evenly onto center of each pie crust round. Fold 1/2-inch of crust over filling, pinching slightly so that crust lays flat on apples.
  • Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples slices are tender. Drizzle 2 teaspoons caramel topping over each crostata. If desired, serve warm with ice cream.
I can't wait to try this out hopefully this weekend. Nothing celebrates the Fall like gooey yummy, bake goods and color photos. *sigh* I hope you are able to enjoy this time of year as well.  Stop and smell the hay bales and the rest should fall into place ; )
 
I get all my recipes at Betty Crocker

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails