Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blueberry Hill

Here where I live our community is blessed to have a wonderful farmer's market.  It's such a fun thing to go to a place and know that your food has been freshly grown and picked in the area you live.  As fun as this is, I took it a step further yesterday and made myself the finder of my food. We have many great pick your own farms, one of which I'm dying to try during apple season but for my adventure yesterday I went to this cute little place called Heritage Family Farms.


It was a bit hot to say the least but they had some of their bushes in the shade and there was a nice breeze so it really wasn't too bad.  The experience was so much fun.  I couldn't help but feel happy and free seeing all the blueberry beauty around me.  Being a photographer I, of course, had to snap a few shots. They probably thought I was nuts. Here are a few of my favorites



I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with my bounty yet.  The good part is I don't have to decide right away because you can freeze them for up to a year.  If you or your family are looking for a fun activity and teaching tool, I would highly encourage you to find a local family farm.  It will form a great memory both in the picking and in the food that will be produced after. What are some of the recipes you can use fresh blueberries in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails