Thursday, July 7, 2011

July Already?

Man where has the time gone. I heard about this phenomenon, where time speeds up when you get older, but I didn’t think it was true.  Wow! Well I’m back from a short vacay away from my blog but in that time I got a few more photos back from my travels among the city.  I’m still amazed at the love and concern we get from around the world and because of that, not a day goes by that something else is being rebuilt or cleaned up at record speed. 

I also wanted to let you know to keep at eye out for another giveaway tomorrow.  I know you all have been checking back and I have let you down a bit by waiting but I wanted to make it as good giveaway as possible, worthy of all my wonderful followers. 

Speaking of great followers I would love to hear what kind of items you would love to win. Are there some Etsy sellers you would are curious to learn more about or maybe you would be interested in joining in on  the fun.  I had several sellers receive some of their first customers from this very venture.  Just email me at rae_of_light_photos@yahoo.com .

Here are some of the photos I was hinting to before.  I will say I am starting to fall in love with what black and white film can add to an already surreal atmosphere.

Christian Science building

  

 

 

The entrance to a local christian scientist church. (side note: the door seen open in the top right of the frame was blowing back and forth, it added a very eeire element)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

St. MaryMy take on the St. Mary’s Cross

 

Something about stairs now going to no where intried me

What a local artist has been doing with the fallen trees around the high school

A house we saw while walking around.  On the foundation’s brick it says “Sam’s Place” We met same and his wife while there.  The flag is hiding it but there’s a white picnic tent behind it that Sam’s brother had been sleeping under at night to protect  what’s left of his brother’s belongings.

If you would like to purchase any of the photos shown please contact me. I will not be putting these on Etsy for obvious reasons but want to give people the chance to never forget.

Finally as to not fully end on a sad note here are a couple of photos I took at my cousin’s wedding a couple of weeks ago.

Check back tomorrow for my latest giveaway : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails